Nobody Does Winter Better
Welcome to a land where the sky is so blue and the sun shines so bright that you forget that the temperature has descended past freezing long ago; where snow is carved into beautiful shapes and where the town itself becomes an art gallery.
Welcome to the Ely Winter Festival
You might remember it as the Voyageur Winter Festival. But Ely is so much more than its French history. We share our land and our economy with the Native brothers and sisters who lived here first. We are miners and children of miners, resorters, outfitters, artists, and lovers of the natural area we inhabit. And that includes winter: snow, ice, and all that comes with it!
Most of all, we love to PARTY! And that’s what the Winter Festival is, a big party. Won’t you come and join us?
- Support the Festival: buy a Festival pin or T-shirt
- View the Schedule of Events Calendar (desktop or tablet) or List of Events
- Submit an event to be included in the festival
- Read all the latest Festival News
- Sign up to be a carver in the Snow Sculpting Symposium
- View a Photo Gallery of Snow Sculptures from past Festivals
- Read “What Does It Takes to Put on a Festival” and volunteer!
- Please give our sponsors your business. We’d love you to become a Sponsor.
- Find out more about Ely and about the Festival
- Contact Us